How to add or edit a review
Note: If using the app for publishing a number rating, it is done anonymously. The app generates a unique USER ID which serves to pair the device and the rating, not you as a person - sometimes we (in case of any troubles with the rating) or you (in case you want to update or delete it afterwards) need to pair the rating back to the device. Every updates and deletes from the app are then done immediately. Well, if you want to use some name for your rating, you can still add the rating directly on our web page for the respective number...
So, using the app. you can simply add your own rating (or edit your existing one) on the number detail - just click on the respective number in the list of all calls in the Should I Answer app and then select if the number was positive or spam, then try to give it a correct category and if possible, also add some comment explaining your rating - this is always fair to the owner of the number and gives them a fine feedback from you.
All your reviews and ratings can be found easily also under main menu (icon of the "hamburger" in the upper-left corner), then go to the SETTINGS and REPORTED NUMBERS - you can freely add a new rating or edit or delete the existing one there. Here is something more to thie topic: Rule lists: Whitelist, Blacklist, Reported numbers
Rating rules for unknown numbers
- Always keep in your mind that - generally speaking - you rate globally the service the respective number offers. Rate it truthfully and according to your best conscience (e.g. it is pointless to rate negatively a voicemail service number even the message in it was unsolicited or bad - remember that your review can cause its blocking in the community).
- Try to pick the most accurate category. If you are not sure about it select one of more general categories (e.g. most of the negative calls can fit under Unsolicited call) and try to avoid of using the Other category.
- If you have some more information please add a comment to the rating where you describe your experience with the call. This will help other users more than just a simple rating, and also it gives a good feedback to the owners of the number.
- We don't collect any private numbers, so please never rate private numbers! For such numbers use the quick "BLOCK" button on the call detail or add it to a list of "Blocked / Allowed numbers", but don't report it. The ratings and reviews with comments are stored in a public database where everyone can see them. If we recognize a private number among the records our admins will delete it.
- When connected to internet next time, your reviews and ratings will be sent to our server. After having them checked by our admins the data will be visible to other users and published to local mobile databases with database update. If we detect a breaking of the service rules we will delete the respective rating or review from the database. Thank you for understanding.
You can freely edit or delete any of your ratings. Any change will soon appear on our server, web pages and in the database (also you must connect to the internet and the changes will be sent automatically). If you still can't see your review published, check this article: I can't see my review, why?
Note: If the rating is sent from our mobile app, a name "SIAP" or "SIAN" is used as a name for generic user. If the rating was sent from the web page of the respective number the name (or nickname) you have filled in the form is used - if you don't fill any name (or if you fill something which can't be used) the first part of your IP address will be used instead (A BIG RED WARNING noticing you about this is displayed in the form, but well... users don't read :) ).